August 2017 edition of The Food-e
Seasonal supply - where do things come from & when?
This month e-foods is focussing on seasonal supply. Eating the seasons is something consumers are increasingly conscious of and in turn are driving the demand for home grown produce and its provenance.
Find out more and catch up on all of this months news including:
• Focus on Herbs - 'Herbs are the friend of the physician and the pride of cooks', Charlemagne.
• Product of the month - Portuguese food.
• Things we love - National Allotments Week!
• This month's Superfood - Basil, a very versatile herb.
• Vietnamese coriander, stronger in flavour to traditional coriander
• Recipe, joke and in-season.
“Perhaps the most compelling argument of all for eating seasonally is that of simply supporting British producers.”