E-Foods Limited recognises that our commercial activities have the potential to impact on our suppliers, the local community, customers and our locality.
As a socially responsible business our suppliers, local community and customers have a right to expect:
- Products sourced, and distributed E-Foods Limited are produced under working conditions that are hygienic and safe
- All workers involved in the supply chain utilised E-Foods Limited are treated with full consideration to their basic human rights
- E-Foods Limited acts in an ethical manner above and beyond basic legal requirements
- E-Foods Limited is therefore committed to implementing the principles of the Ethical Trading Initiative Base Code
- This policy sets out E-Foods Limited commitment to its suppliers and customer’s, setting out the measures we are taking to ensure that we are acting in an ethical manner
E-Foods Limited has a commitment to its suppliers, service providers and customers, and we recognise that our ethical and social performance and reputation is a key part of our overall commercial success.
E-Foods Limited is committed to ensuring that our employment practices and the enforcement of corporate regulations ensure the protection of the rights of all those who work for us. In many areas we aim to operate above the minimum standards required by law to ensure our employees are safe, rewarded and valued. E-Foods will never knowing employ any staff (or use firms whose staff) who are believed to be working under duress from others and classed as slave labour or involved with human trafficking.
E-Foods Limited is committed to demonstrating its ethical and social responsibility credentials to enable customers to make informed choices about whose services they purchase.
E-Foods Limited is committed to monitoring social standards in our supply chain, and we encourage our customers and suppliers to operate to the same ethical standards we employ ourselves.
E-Foods Limited Ethical Trading Code of Practice applies to:
- Staff directly employed E-Foods Limited on temporary or permanent contracts
- Staff employed or provided by contractors or employment agencies to work on E-Foods Limited premises or to undertake work for or on behalf of E-Foods Limited
No forced, bonded or involuntary labour shall be used.
- All employment with E-Foods Limited is freely chosen
- Staff are not required to lodge deposits or identity papers with us
- Staff are free to leave E-Foods Limited after reasonable notice
No child labour shall be used.
- There shall be no recruitment of child labour
- Children or persons under 16 are not employed at any time, day or night
- Children or persons under 18 are not employed full-time
No slave labour or Human trafficked personnel shall be used.
- There shall be no recruitment of slave labour or persons believed to be part of human trafficking
- Where people approach the site looking for employment that are believed to be involved with either slave labour or trafficking, all information will be passed to the relevant law enforcement agency for further action
Working conditions are safe and hygienic.
- E-Foods Limited takes adequate measures to prevent accidents and minimise potential hazards
- Staff receive regular health & safety training
- Staff have unrestricted access to toilet facilities and drinking water
- E-Foods Limited has a published Health & Safety Policy
Working hours and remuneration are reasonable and comparable to other companies in our sector and regular employment is provided.
- Staff pay rates are above the national legal minimum standards
- Staff are not forced to work in excess of 48 hours per week, a voluntary opt out agreement is available for those wishing to work in excess of 48 hours per week
- Staffs are provided with a minimum of 1.5 days off per week
- Staff are given written terms and conditions of employment that details the employment relationship between, and the respective obligations of, the employee and employer, rates of pay, working hours, grievance and disciplinary procedures, holiday entitlement, absence and sick pay rules and notice periods for termination of employment
- No deductions are made from wages as a disciplinary measure, and pay slips detailing lawful deductions are provided for each pay period
- Labour only contracting, sub-contracting and fixed term contracts are not used as a means to avoid obligations under labour or social security laws.
No discrimination is practised.
- There is no discrimination in pay, hiring, compensation, access to training, promotion, and termination of employment or retirement on the grounds of race, nationality, religion, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, union membership or political affiliation
- Opportunities for personal and career development are equally available to all employees
No harassment, threats, abuse or intimidation shall be practised. Physical, verbal and sexual threats, abuse, harassment or intimidation is expressly prohibited and grounds for summary dismissal, if proved.
Employment Agencies are not normally used, however should the situation arise then they shall demonstrate commitment to and application of the requirements of this code.
Employment agencies contracted to supply temporary staff shall ensure that all staff supplied to E-Foods Limited are eligible to work in the UK by:
- Following Immigration and Nationality Directorate Guidelines on Amendments to Section 8 of the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996.
- Ensuring that the requirements of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999 Section 22 Code of Practice are met.
- Retaining copies of identity papers, work permits, or passport stamps as detailed in the Home Office List of Specified Documents and UK Passport Stamps.
Employment agencies contracted to supply temporary staff shall ensure that all staff supplied to E-Foods Limited have sufficient command of English to understand:
- The agency’s responsibilities under this code of practice
- E-Foods Limited Health & Safety requirements
- Written statements of employment particulars
- Or have other measures in place to ensure that all these requirements are communicated in the employee’s native language
- E-Foods Limited Directors have overall responsibility for all aspects of ethical trading at work within the business.