E-Foods Limited (the “Company”)
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) is the concept whereby organisations integrate social and environmental concerns into their business operations and into their interaction with their stakeholders on a voluntary basis. The Company is committed to adopting best practice in this area.
The Company is fully committed to the principle of CSR and intends that CSR should become embedded, where appropriate, into its policies and practices, to the benefit of staff as well as the wider community. There is already much good work which could be classified as contributing to CSR taking place within the Company and this policy and future strategy will build on this in future.
The Company aims to be recognised as an organisation that is transparent and ethical in all its dealings as well as making a positive contribution to the community in which it operates. It is committed to the following core values in all aspects of its work, including the fulfilment of its social responsibility:
- Clear direction and strong leadership;
- Customer focus;
- Respect for people;
- Open communication;
- Working to deliver best value;
- Openness and transparency
- Development of positive working relationships with others.
2.0 CSR Strategies
The Company will seek to achieve corporate and social objectives by focusing on the following strategic areas:
- Equal Opportunities – maintaining and promoting our commitment to the fulfilment of the promotion of equal opportunities.
- Workplace – addressing the needs and aspirations of staff through the continuing development of diversity, work-life balance and health and well-being policies and initiatives.
- Community Impact – encouraging and assisting staff to greater involvement in team/individual projects in support of the wider community.
- Environment – further developing environmental management practices that minimise waste and maximise efficiencies.
Other individual policies in relation to the above targeted strategies will be developed, where necessary, to detail the systems and procedures relevant to each area.
3.0 Existing Policies
Existing policies in some areas may already, at least in part, address the issues listed above, and initial work will focus on integrating these with CSR principles.
4.0 Guiding Principles
The Company recognises that we must integrate our business values and operations to meet the expectations of our stakeholders. They include customers, employees, suppliers, the community and the environment.
It is our aim to:
- Recognise that our social, economic and environmental responsibilities to our stakeholders are integral to business. We aim to demonstrate these responsibilities through our actions and within our corporate policies;
- Take seriously all feedback, complaints and compliments that we receive from our stakeholders and, where possible, maintain open dialogue to ensure that we fulfil the requirements outlined within this policy;
- Be open and honest in communicating our policies, strategies, targets, performance and governance to our stakeholders in our continual commitment to sustainable development;
- Make reasonable resources available to realise our corporate and social responsibilities. The responsibility for delivery lies with all employees;
- Identify a charity each year and raise funds and aid the charity as and when reasonably possible in a practical way;
- In selecting either a charity for this support or working with a charity in a team building scenario, the Company will only support programmes which are inclusive in nature and reach across all social and community backgrounds. Support will not be given to individuals or groups with political or sectarian connections;
- Improve our environmental performance through implementation of sustainable development and environmental policies;
- Encourage dialogue with local communities for mutual benefit;
- Encourage our employees to help local community organisations and activities;
- Maintain forums for employee consultation and business involvement;
- Provide, and strive to maintain, a clean, healthy and safe working environment;
- Uphold the values of honesty, partnership and fairness in our relationships with stakeholders.
CSR activity undertaken by the Company will be reported to the board of directors on a regular (at least annual) basis. In addition, CSR activity will be publicised both through the internal communication, and externally as appropriate, through a variety of media.
All employees and directors are responsible for adopting and implementing the Company’s policy on CSR. The HR Manager shall be the person with overall responsibility for ensuring the implementation of the policy.
The Company’s policies on CSR are reviewed by the HR Manager and the board of directors on an ongoing basis and at least annually. Any suggestions as to how the Company may better achieve its above stated aims should be discussed in the first instance with the HR Manager.